Alongside their football programme our students also complete work placements outside of school time where they have opportunities to gain experience in chosen fields that they may later want to progress in.
In their first year they will have the opportunity to earn their FA Level 1 badge in coaching. A great course for them to take part in especially for those wanting to go down the coaching route. Provides them with a lot more opportunities with their work placements providing them with different skills around coaching, first aid and safeguarding.
The aim of our programme is to enable students to progress further to potentially go to university or work in a chosen sports field. The programme allows you to learn outside the class room in a fantastic facility; a facility that any footballer dreams to play at let alone study at. Our facility includes two amazing 4G pitches; one with a stadium around it, a grass pitch, an athletics track, a gym, treatment room and multiple changing rooms.
We have a strong dedicated team at the Academy with a wealth of experience in different areas. We have quality coaching from A & B license coaches, a video analyst, qualified tutors and a massive support from Walton Casuals Chairman and ex professional footballer Tony Gale.
The students study in a comfortable, safe environment where they can focus, relax and then experience a professional footballing environment. We provide a progressive pathway to first team football at Walton Casuals. In our first year 2 academy players had the opportunity to be a part of the first team and this year we have had 6 players involved. We intend to grow this and give our student payers this opportunity when and if they deserve them.
A family club that intends to not only progress our students in school and at football but better them as a person and prepare them for their future by providing them with an education alongside a successful football programme.
As a Walton Casuals Academy Player you will receive:
- Professional tutoring in order to earn your Higher National Diploma in Sports Science, BTEC Level 3 in Sport with an opportunity to retake any GCSEs allowing entrance into university (Equivalent to 3 A-Levels).
- Full time 2 year course with up to 17 hours of education per week (BTEC) & 3 year course of education for our university programme
- Professional football coaching by A & B Licensed coaches.
- At least 6 hours a week of football
- Wednesday afternoon match in a competitive college football league
- Onsite medical attention for injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Fitness, strength & conditioning, exercise & nutrition programs designed and tailored to each player
- Brand new stadium & sports centre established in 2018
- 2 4G 11-a-side football pitches
- Grass 11-a-side pitch
- Cardio & resistance training room
- Medical facilities
- High quality changing facilities
- Be 16-19 years of age on completion of GCSEs
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs or equivalent grade C or above
- High footballing ability
- Be 19-24 years of age
- Sixth Form/College Leavers with A-Level or BTEC qualifications